Vitiligo Home Remedies
Vitiligo is a skin disorder causing white patches all over the skin surface. These white patches can grow in size and spread depending on the sufferer. Vitiligo is widespread and affects about 50 million people worldwide. These statistics include young children. Animals are also affected by Vitiligo. On top of the emotional trauma caused to the Vitiligo sufferer, there is the need to seek for treatment where possible. All treatment methods if they are conducted outside the home may cost a lot of money. Many sufferers may not have the time or the money for the more expensive treatment options available.
Luckily Vitiligo has been around for very many years and people have studied it and come up with home-based remedies that can still be considered as viable treatment methods. These remedies are very safe and are based on the normal herbs used at home and available at your nearest market. Home based medicines require a change of lifestyle to incorporate the treatment method. They are long term in nature and may take months before showing any positive outcome. Home based Vitiligo remedies have provided hope for many Vitiligo sufferers who do not want the added expense or possible adverse effects that are associated with prescription medicines or surgical procedures. If you have the time and patience to change your condition to seek a home based remedy for your Vitiligo white patches, these are the options available;
- Using turmeric and mustard oil – Turmeric has advantages of being antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. Mustard oil has the benefits of being an immune system booster and also used for detoxification.
- Mix 5 teaspoons of turmeric powder and 250ml of mustard oil. Apply this to the Vitiligo skin twice daily. Continue this treatment for one year and watch what happens.
- Using basil leaves and lime juice – basil leaves have anti-viral and anti-ageing advantages. Lime juice is rich in vitamin C and when combined with basil leaf extract, helps the skin produce more melanin.
- Mix a few drops of basil leaf extract and lime juice thoroughly in a small container. Apply this mixture to the Vitiligo patches 3-4 times a day. Leave on the face for about 30 minutes. Within 6 months some positive signs should be visible.
- Storing and drinking water stored in copper potsproduce melanin for the skins’ natural color. Its effect can begin to be noticed in about 6 months.
- Using both tamarind and Psoralen seeds – Psoralen in known to be very effective for the treatment of Vitiligo. Use of Psoralen must be controlled by an expert.
- Soak both the seeds of tamarind and Psoralen in water for 4 days. Dry the seeds and grind them into a fine powder. Mix with a little water to make paste. Apply this paste daily on Vitiligo patches for one month. At this time you may observe some positive outcomes. You can continue to use this remedy until satisfied with your skin color results.
- Drinking the juice of Psoralea and ginger – ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It is excellent for preventing blood clots which can be very fatal for the body. It helps blood to flow adequately in the body and supports the digestive system.
- Soak psoralen seeds in ginger juice for 3 days. Dry them and grind into a fine powder. Measure 1 gram of this powder and take with a cup of fresh milk for 2 months. Watch for positive results and continue as desired.
- Using round radish seeds and vinegar – ground powder of radish seeds has many benefits one of which is stimulation of the skin to produce melanin.
- Take 35 grams of ground radish seeds and mix into 2 teaspoons of vinegar until it becomes a paste. Apply the paste to the Vitiligo skin. Wait for 6 months for positive signs on your skin.
- Using Mama Cadela seeds – this plant has orange fruit and dark green leaves. It has a sweet flavor and can be used like a chewing gum because of its rubbery properties.
- Take the root of this plant and make a mixture with water. Apply this concoction onto the Vitiligo skin 2 times daily. The results shall manifest within a week. Do not stop this treatment until 6 months are over.
- Eating food mixed with Khella – Khella has its origins in the Mediterranean region. Its properties parallel psoralen. It is also an excellent sun block.
- Use only 120-160mg of Khella in food daily. Proceed with this for 4-6 months.
- Using Psoralea and coconut oil – coconut oil is a strong anti-oxidant and helps the skin produce melanin. Black cumin is a useful immune booster. The roots of the barberry plant are excellent for skin protection.
- Make a paste with coconut oil, psoralen, black cumin and barberry roots. Apply this paste to the Vitiligo skin for a period not less than 6 months. It also gives the new skin a healthy look.
- Rubbing or ingesting the herb of Gingko Biloba – gingko Biloba has its origins in China. It is ideal for Vitiligo because it assists in returning pigment to the skin. It is an anti-oxidant and helps boost the immunity system. It also relieves many allergies because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It can be taken orally or in paste form. More studies are being undertaken using this ancient medicinal herb so as to perfect its practical application.
- Increasing the intake of celery in food – celery is known to have high concentrations of psoralen which is very important for the treatment of Vitiligo. Psoralen in celery can act to promote the reaction of skin to sunlight by producing melanin.
Other useful behaviors to adapt at home which are beneficial to Vitiligo sufferers include
- Avoiding dairy products.
- Eating raw cucumber and 3 betel leaves daily.
- Avoiding soft drinks, eggs, red meat and fish.
- Avoiding mango and citrus fruits.
- Including in your diet black pepper, green tea and olive oil.